Sunday, October 18, 2009

Truth to Neitzsche is a changing multifaceted continuum. He despises thinkers who form resolute structural convictions without allowing for change.  In a world of eternal return and mutation, convictions will come and go.  "Convictions have no rights of citizenship, as is said with good reason."

There have been been as many grand theories as men throughout the ages, and Friedrich is not about to add to the heap.  Truth is an individual search which will necessarily find its own appropriate prospect.  Zarathustra  warns his followers not to adopt his teachings but to


"Go away from  me and resist Zarathustra!  And even better: be ashamed of him: Perhaps he has decieved you,

Now I bid you lose me and find yourselves: and only when you have denied me will I return to you,

You had not sought yourselves; and you found me.  Thus do all believers; therefore all faith amounts to so little."

(1983)

No comments:

Post a Comment