Sunday, September 6, 2009

Suicide is “a closed world with its own irresistible logic,” wrote the British poet and literary critic A. Alvarez, a failed suicide himself, in “The Savage God.”



“Once a man decides to take his own life,” Mr. Alvarez wrote, “he enters a shut-off, impregnable but wholly convincing world where every detail fits and each incident reinforces his decision.”


 Some guy called on the phone, said he knew me and wanted to give me 200 bucks for two days of my driveway.

I of course demanded 400 since that is what I had fairly earned a year ago from the same man. We agreed at 300 as all understood that the economy was slipping with the pilots losing their pensions.


 Pilots are just  busdrivers in the sky but with caps and hot stewardesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment