Sunday, September 27, 2009

June 5


Had a rough ride over hills and dales to Guest's; Here brother Pigman met me, and gave an agreeable account of the work on the south branch of Patomac. I am kept in peace; and greatly pleased I am to get into the woods, where, although alone, I have blessed company, and sometimes think, Who so happy as myself?

June 6

We had twelve miles to R.'s, along a bushy, hilly road. A poor woman with a little horse, without a saddle, outwent us up and down the hills, and when she came to the place appointed, the Lord met with and blessed her soul.

King Kong is a great demonstration of  a mind open and immediate and genuine.  Too many years trying to accommodate some indifferent sense of cool.  Tom Waits takes off a blind and is johnson.


Strange kind of forest with dinosaurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment